Job title: Workplace Technical Services lead
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job description: Workplace Technical Services lead
What this job involves
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for technical and contractual quality assurance on behalf of an investment banking client to ensure a number of corporate real estate buildings are compliant to country, regional, global compliance and technical standards. The role influences design, commissioning, operations and capacity management of a portfolio of buildings.
The role includes supporting the regional engineering team for the management of the master services agreement compliance and also technical compliance monitoring.
- Major works owner (power down planning, execution and new/refurbishment project management)
- Administer quality assurance and monitor outsourced critical works vendors to ensure equipment is maintained at a high standard
- Review the maintenance/service practices of M&E contractors to deliver quality work practices in line with the manufacturer recommendations, established processes, tools and documentation.
- Contract management of critical equipment contracts
- Capacity and utilization coordination, reviews and reporting for office tenancy, Data Centre and server rooms
- Engineering regulatory compliance management for the portfolio of buildings, along with compliance to client-stipulated Engineering Playbooks
- Incident management support including 24/7 on call for incident management in corporate real estate buildings
- Support and assist any installation, commissioning and programming of new office space to ensure plans, designs, scopes and goals are accurate
- Technical reporting submissions for portfolio objectives, regular meetings and data centre performance
- Governance of as built drawings and OEM information
- Production and management of MOPS/SOPS/EOPS
- Management of lifecycle asset management and UPS component replacement
- Support for engineering standardization tasks across Asia Pacific
- Lead in-country technical training delivery
- Develop and implement innovation programs and processes that reduce utility costs, increase productivity, produce cost savings and share learnings with the wider team.
- Identify energy saving initiatives and work through to implementation and validation.
- Review of all maintenance reports to ensure maintenance is conducted appropriately and performance issues are actioned
Client/Stakeholder Management (in partnership &/or support of the India Workplace Experience Lead)
- Comply with all requirements of the Client contract and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators
- Deliver an exceptional quality of service to the Client, as reflected by Client feedback
- Communicate effectively with Clients and vendors at the ground level to create customer delight
- Work with all related parties on timely delivery of all services
REPORTING TO: Account Director
Sound like you? To apply, you need to be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Building services Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant engineering management, experience operating in senior leadership role
- Thorough understanding of building services design and engineering management
Critical Competencies for Success (with corresponding ‘I am JLL behaviours’)
Client Focus & Relationship Management – ‘I Value my Customers’
- Demonstrates proactive & professional approach to customer service and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to interact with a wide range of client staff, including senior levels
- Ability to manage conflict and balance between client and firm requirements
People Management and Team Leadership – ‘I am a Team Player’
- Ability to deliver requirements through a remote matrix-reporting team effectively, promoting open, constructive and collaborative relationships at all levels
Program Management & Organizational Skills – ‘I am Proactive’
- Excellent planning & organizational skills to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters on a daily basis
Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking – ‘I am Innovative’
- Capacity to deal with ambiguity and solve complex problems effectively
- Analytical, proven ability to solve problems using a quantitative approach
- Proven ability to employ holistic approaches and looks at long term solutions
Other Personal Characteristics
- Ability to identify and implement opportunities for operational efficiency/improvements and implement agreed solutions
- Drive innovation / thought leadership / industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Ability to develop and explain complex operational management information to senior audiences
- Be resilient, with high focus on achieving goals
- High energy, flourishes in fast pace, dynamic environments
- Customer centricity
- Comfortable working in a challenging environment as part of a team and is comfortable managing incidents and service failures
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced working environment and versatile in meeting client changing needs and requirements
- Strong analytical, organization and administration skills
- Experience working in Asia Pacific desired, specifically North Asia
What you can expect from us
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realize your full potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 00:13:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!