Job title: Voice NMC Engineer
Company: GTT Communications
Job description: Voice NMC Engineer
The Network Management Centre (NMC) manages and maintains GTT’s pan-European network 24×7. As a highly intelligent and efficient break/fix organisation, with a strong focus on consistency and process, it works with other parts of GTT to deliver a world-class customer experience.
Internal Departments they will interact with:
Service Desk, TSS, Incident and Problem Management
Provide proactive fault resolution support for Voice/ VoIP cases or when the Service Desk/ NOC front line team is unable to resolve a customer and/or network fault or where a fault has been escalated according to SLA requirements.
- Use network tools to monitor core network and customer services.
- Proactively initiate incident management process.
- Perform diagnostics on all Voice network and customer faults.
- Generate action plans to troubleshoot all Voice network and customer faults.
- Track the incident management of proactive and reactive issues through the Trouble Ticket system.
- Management and Technical escalation of Trouble Tickets in line with process.
- Coordinate NOC activities with local Field Operations and Vendor/Supplier representatives to diagnose and fix faults across a pan-European network
- Liaise with customer representatives to progress fault resolution.
- Support local Field operations with maintenance activities.
- Works in the NOC on a 24×7 shift rota.
- Reporting security incidents to the appropriate operations functions on detection.
- Comply to GTT Security Management controls, security policies and report security incidents to line manager
- Physical Security Monitoring.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Professional, structured and proactive approach.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive and approachable team player
- Calm and productive under pressure
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to work
- Efficient and productive with good time management skills
- Able to resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent understanding of ISUP, Q.931 signalling protocols and call flows.
- Deep knowledge of SIP and H.323 (up to single message level)
- IP knowledge to at least CCN level, good Transmission layer understanding
- General knowledge of telecom industry and standards.
- Strong background of working within Voice Operations environment of a Telco or large ISP.
- Excellent understanding of VOIP principles and of the components of a VOIP network must.
- Fluent English language skills are essential
- Fluency in other European languages would be an advantage
- Ideally two years of work in a technical Voice support position
- Ideally one year experience of working a 24×7 shift pattern
- Linux/Unix skills to at least user level
24/7 shift rotation
Location: Pune, India
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 07:26:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!