Job title: Technical Writer
Job description: We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer with strong information development and editorial skills that span data protection, file services, virtualized data center, security, and cloud environments. You will join our Product documentation team to set up, configure, validate, and document best-in-class data center solutions that are powering the market adoption and growth of our revolutionary Software-defined Solution. Your skills will be essential to accelerate and expand our rapidly-growing business over the coming years.
Who you are:
- Exceptional writer. You ve done it all business to business and consumer, and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational.
- Top-notch editor. You re nitpicky about style rules, offended by typos, and instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Customer Empathy . Research and develop customer-focused content. You re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests.
- Information Architect. Research, analyze, and map user goals with product capabilities to create, organize, and present information.
- Creative. You can make even the most boring technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And always challenge your assumptions and word choices using surveys, A/B tests, and other tools. You review usage data to articulate content strategies and grow your knowledge of customer needs and thereby improve Cohesity s product.
- Visual Thinker. Pictorially present and explain complex and long technical content in simple, easily understandable methods by using schematics and block diagrams to animations and gifs as needed.
- Always a Student. Passionate about learning new technologies. Know where to look for reputable and authentic content that can be adapted for instructional purposes.
- Autonomy. Requires little supervision or guidance with routine assignments and established processes. Quickly develops independence with new tasks and requirements. Ability to exercise good judgment to determine appropriate job action.
- Versatility. Quickly adapts to changing requirements while communicating impacts and negotiating the next steps. Helps to implement change in support of the team and organizational goals.
What you will do:
- Create and constantly evolve world-class software, hardware, and developer tools product documentation.
- Lead transformational documentation projects while providing guidance and support for junior writers.
- Provide customers with an exceptional Out of the Box Experience (OOBE) in terms of documentation. Words matter, and you ll use the right phrasing and guidance to inform our customers.
- Be the first customer for Cohesity products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce provides the very best user experience by being hands-on when documenting.
- Develop intent-based and topic-based technical content.
- Write user-friendly technical content that effectively and holistically communicates complex information clearly and concisely, and without jargon.
- Work with product managers, developers, test engineers, and architects to understand product features and use cases to effectively communicate them in the documentation.
- Collaborate to juggle many hats at the same time while maintaining composure.
- Plan, author, and test technical content for end users and coordinate closely with the other writing team members to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Use conditions and snippets to support content reusability and scalability.
- Prioritize multiple requirements and tasks in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Manage the complete life cycle of production, publication, and technical information.
- Acknowledge and address documentation feedback from internal and external customers to deliver complete, accurate, and usable content.
Skills & Experience
- Education – BS or BA. English, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience – 8 years of experience in Technical Writing; developing software and hardware documentation for global customers.
- Authoring/Editing/Publishing – MadCap Flare/MadCap Central (preferred) or experience in any one of the topic-based/DITA-based authoring tools such as Oxygen XML, XMetal, Framemaker (structured).
- Source/version control – Git/Gerrit, GitHub, or Bitbucket.
- Feature/Defect Management – Jira, Rally, or any industry-standard, agile project/defect management software.
- Collaboration and Process Management – Confluence, Wiki
- Domain- Familiarity with compute, cloud, storage, network, security, or virtualization technologies.
- Communication and writing- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Good to have:
- Web-based authoring and publishing tools
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and HTM5 help systems
- Visio or other drawing tools
- Ability to create new video content
- Google suite of office products
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 07:10:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!