Job title: Technical Specialist – Teaching & Learning – Languages/Transform Schools
Job description: 1. POSITION VACANT: Technical Specialist – Teaching and Learning (Languages), Transform Schools, People For Action, South Delhi, Delhi
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
People For Action (PFA) is an Indian NGO. It leads inspired action to improve learning outcomes for students in government schools in India and has set the audacious goal of addressing education and equity issues for 25% children in secondary schools in India, by 2023.
PFAs Transform Schools programme is presently operational in Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal. It uses powerful models and high-quality resources to transform Teaching, Learning, School Management, Enrolment and Gender Parity. These are implemented in partnership with State Governments and NGOs.
Transform Schools, PFA, with its established transform learning model, aims to make its programmes wider and deeper, to impact learning outcomes for 6.6 million children across seven States by 2021.
PFA wishes to recruit an exceptionally talented and experienced education professional, with a proven track record in designing and supporting teaching and learning improvements, to help achieve the above goals.
For more information about Transform Schools, People for Action, please visit https://www.transformschools.in/
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Deputy Director – Programmes (DDP), the Technical Specialist – Teaching and Learning (Languages) shall be responsible for providing technical advice and guidance for developing high quality and sustainable programmes, interventions and resources, and improve the effectiveness of teaching and student learning outcomes. S/he shall lead quality documentation and analysis of programme data, to improve teaching and learning efforts by PFA and government programmes. In consultation with the DDP, the specialist shall also conduct policy analysis to inform national and state level advocacy, for improving education outcomes.
The role has the potential to be elevated to Team Leader, overseeing other Technical Specialists at PFA, in the case of a senior applicant with relevant supervisory experience.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
A. PFA’s Teaching and Learning Projects:
(1) In consultation with the DDP, lead the design of, and monitor the quality of PFA- s Teaching and Learning programmes and interventions;
(2) Develop high quality resource materials – content and tools, for teachers and students teaching and learning interventions, both directly and by managing a pool of subject experts;
(3) Undertake and participate in the training of academic staff and teachers, for enhancing their capacities on various pedagogic approaches and assessment tools and techniques;
(4) Promote adoption and support the scale-up of PFA- s interventions at the state and district levels, using programme evidence, and developing training plans and implementation protocols.
B. Technical Support to Government:
(1) Develop monitoring and quality assurance frameworks for tracking the quality of implementation of government programmes;
(2) Monitor adherence to agreed programme models and plans and the quality of implementation by reporting to DDP on progress, outcomes and field visit observations;
(3) Develop the scope of work, and monitor and review the quality of work of technical consultants for training and monitoring, engaged for delivering technical support to the government.
C. Advocacy Support:
(1) Provide inputs based on field experiences for developing PFAs advocacy programme for addressing teaching and learning issues across different states;
(2) Maintain regular contact and dialogue with Government Departments, partners, consultants and subject experts, to strengthen programme implementation at the state level;
(3) Write papers for programme publications and updates using case studies and programme monitoring data on teaching and learning interventions, to influence improvements in PFA and government programmes.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Masters in Education, International Development or Social Sciences.
(1) Minimum five years of relevant experience in providing technical support to large programmes and grants in secondary and/or higher education in the area of teaching and learning;
(2) Experience in writing education resources/ research papers, including implementation, training, teaching and learning resources;
(3) Preference shall be given to experienced teachers;
(4) Demonstrated technical knowledge of the following areas in the context of education: education management, in-service and pre-service training, pedagogy, accelerated learning programmes, student learning assessments and improvements in quality of teaching and learning;
(5) Subject expertise in languages for middle and secondary grades;
(6) Knowledge of cutting-edge research and evaluation in education.
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a range of stakeholders, including government agencies, community leaders, donors and NGOs, on issue-based advocacy initiatives;
(2) Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
(3) Strong management and leadership qualities, including the ability to innovate;
(4) Excellent organisational and planning skills, with the ability to prioritise a diverse and demanding workload, and meet deadlines consistently;
(5) Strong interpersonal, networking, communication and IT skills, including high levels of competency in written and verbal English;
(6) Willingness to work flexibly and travel regularly. The job shall require travel to PFA focus states, for upto 50% of the time;
(7) A passion for creative problem solving and enthusiasm;
(8) Alignment with Transform Schools- mission and priorities;
(9) A sense of humour and patience.
5. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is Rs.10 to 12 lacs per annum. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience and salary history.
6. APPOINTMENT: A fixed term contract for 12 months from the date of joining shall be issued to the selected candidate, renewable based on performance.
7. LOCATION: New Delhi, with frequent travel within India.
8. REFERENCE: TS-TLL-PFA.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
Maternity and Paternity Benefits
Expected salary: Rs.1000000 – 1200000 per year
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 23:41:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!