Job title: Technical Consulting Engineer – Collaboration
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: What You’ll Do
- Support Cloud and Hybrid Products: Cisco WebEx, Jabber IM (Cloud), CMR , WebEx Teams Services (Call, Message, Meet), hybrid services and along with phone and conferencing endpoints connected to the cloud.
- Provide highest-level technical support to help resolve sophisticated customer problems from on-prem to Cisco Cloud.
- Engage with the Engineering Business Unit to influence the quality and serviceability of products.
- Innovate – Identify and work with BU to improve tools, script automation, or other activities that will enable the TAC engineer to work more efficiently and speed accelerate issue identification and resolution.
- Incident Leadership – Coordinate or execute processes as needed for internal/external comms and management updates during production incidents/outages/maintenances.
- Request, process, write and manage the delivery of RFO/RCA summary statements from Cloud Engineering.
- Communicate and work effectively with staff at all levels of the organization and cross-functionally
- Provide regular status to other service and delivery leaders on trends, issues, opportunities, and issues, and deliver constructive feedback both face to face and in writing.
- CCNP, CCIE Collaboration preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting SaaS solutions, enterprise applications, solutions and/or collaboration infrastructures is required. “Real-time” service support environment experience is helpful.
- Skilled understanding of:
- Networking – Routing Switching (TCP/QoS)
- Microsoft Solutions (Exchange, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Microsoft (IIS, SQL), VMWare, Linux, SSL Certs
- Strong demonstrable understanding and support experience of Microsoft Office, Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android OS.
- Telepresence (VCS Expressway, VCS controller, TMS, Conferencing, TPS)
- Protocols (SIP, RTP, DTMF, SAML, SMTP), Web Proxy and Web API experience would be required.
- Ability to provide leadership across the entire collaboration solution to lead a technical team to find and resolve customer issues
- Lead by example, mentor, and train others
- Technically astute, willing and able to pick up technology and concepts and develop training and content
- Effective listening and good interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work with Engineering architects to influence serviceability and usability design
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, self-guided, multifaceted and fast paced environment
Who You’ll Work With
Strategically positioned within the Cisco Services Organization, Cisco’s Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) is a team of outstanding technical specialists whose main focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks efficient while delivering the best possible customer experience. Aligned to three geographic regions, and converging into one global, borderless TAC, we are the first to be confronted by challenges and issues with new equipment and tools in the field.
The Cloud Collaboration TAC team provides second/third level technical support for Cloud / Hybrid solutions and cloud-enabled endpoint products on a worldwide basis via inbound/outbound phone calls, email, web and remote access. We provide diligent support to our customers, partners, account teams, and other TAC engineers. With a technology runway that never ends, opportunities to develop your depth, breadth and diversity of technical expertise are the best!
Who You Are
- Graduates in Computer Engineering; Computer Programming; Information Technology; Management Information Systems & Computer Science, with high academic score at graduate level.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience in support of Cisco Unified Communications or Business Video Solutions.
- Troubleshooting experience and knowledge of VOIP/Video signalling
- Understanding of WebEx – Cloud application services, or Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Good understanding of call control protocols
- Hands On Experience – Log Analysis (SIP/PRT/Wireshark/Http log/Fiddler)
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Strong customer focus and willing to help peer and customer with an attitude provide solutions
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking results-oriented risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with outstanding personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 22:16:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!