Job title: Team Support Specialist
Job description: Management of Key Risk Indicators to include, but not limited to the following:
- Cash Breaks
- Past Due items (Principal/Interest/Fees)
- DI Breaks
- Other fees past dues
- Intercompany Breaks
- ACBS v/s SUMMIT breaks
- ACBS v/s CHARMS Reconciliation
- Weekly BOT KRI review
- Monthly Escalation call
- Fortnightly open Risk event action call
- Responding to Queries from Agent Banks & Borrowers.
- Responding to Queries from PCG/Finance/Middle Office PCG queries restricted to activities done within India and not out of activities done by Onshore / FCT teams owing to Fee bookings etc.
- Take part in regularly scheduled and adhoc calls to address KRI/workflow issues as deemed appropriate by the Barclays Onshore team.
- Manual payment processing/ verification (verification template payment up to US Dollar 15mm equivalent or as depicted within Limits of Authority)
- Request for SSI Setup for any wiring instruction new/change by Agent Bank & Borrower (Bquery to be raised)
- Support the end-to-end lending process for the setting up of new facilities and new drawdowns. Deals with Complex and standard requests to agreed levels of accuracy and efficiency using automated or manual systems and equipment. Ensure that Service Level Agreements are met and operational performance is optimised.
- Support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of Best Practice. Suggest ideas to improve systems and processes where necessary and evaluate the benefits and risks of such proposals
- Action queries relating to drawing / limit marking of facilities. Liaise with other areas of the Bank responsible for maintenance of limits and accounts outside Branch Accounting
What will you be doing IB Lending – Processes (75%)
- The Role holder will be the primary subject matter expert and point of reference for Procedural / Process / Change / Queries and issues within the EMEA and US teams. The team is responsible for managing a portfolio of complex lending cases /structures/deals for the Mid corporate/Large Corporate/Wealth/PCSL or industry specific client base, covering a broad range of products & facilities aligned to the sector.
- Display good knowledge of Credit Products and associated roles and responsibilities of Credit Product Operations team; Participation on SME Calls
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (STOP), Training Materials and Blue works are maintained and updated with changes/control changes and annually reviewed in line with requirements
- Preparedness for Audits (from External departments, Controls etc.) using in depth subject knowledge; regularly maintaining process hygiene and driving audits (from mandatory & regulatory control standpoint)
- Responsible for Oversight of Quality & Query escalation levels within EMEA Loans Operations. Undertake trends analysis and providing mitigating solutions to the Leadership
- The role holder will be responsible for maintaining their own knowledge and that of the teams across Loan Operations via communications/buzz sessions/root cause analysis.
- The role holder will act as the point of reference for colleagues/Leadership/Projects in assessing the acceptability of new propositions received, providing expert guidance where amendment is required and also explaining the reasons behind why applications cannot be accepted
- Take accountability for the day-to-day processing & phone calls re complex lending submissions for corporate clients. Responsible for pro-actively driving all cases to drawdown. Manage complex portfolio of cases for mid corporate clients with turnover in excess of 5m and lending in excess of 3m.
- Ensure processes are completed within agreed SLAs.
- Provide best in class customer service (internal and external)
- Responsible for co-ordination with other teams (including Collateral teams) to ensure the execution of facility letter documentation, security taking and FTL & drawdown. The jobholder will be accountable for quality and timely execution at all stages – in accordance with client timelines
- Act as Gatekeeper for all transactions, undertaking full review to assure funds are not released until all sanction criteria /Post sanction requirements have been completed
- Undertake Complex reviews & checks to ensure relevant key lending documentation is in order e.g. compliant with sanction, conditions met, in line with client mandates etc.
- Provide technical input & undertake pre-submission calls with legal/product/relationship team etc. ahead of large bespoke product offerings/acquisitions in the sector to ensure quality of submission and provide guidance on lending procedures and undertake client calls to explain the process and manage client expectations
- Receive and conclude escalated calls from RDs/RSMs or third parties e.g. Solicitors. Take ownership for resolution of all issues relating to complex portfolio
- Drive reduction in Coverage repairs by building relationships with RDs/RSMs and providing coaching through pre submission calls and general interactions
- Monitor credit sanctions to ensure that Bank s position is safeguarded. Refer back to Coverage team where necessary
- Undertake and adhere to all compliance regulations applicable to role
- Effective utilisation of bank systems to track and manage progress with each case. Maintain a customer contact history, recording and updating relevant and accurate detail
- Effectively transfer transactional work to supporting teams as appropriate.
- Support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of Best Practice. Suggesting ideas to improve systems and processes where necessary and evaluate the benefits and risks of such proposals
- Drive reduction in internal repairs through application of best practice and continuous improvement techniques
- Proactively identify, resolve and when necessary escalate verbally & in written format, discrepancies and issues using in depth knowledge of Facility documentation process specific requirements to inform the recipient of risks and issues e.g. incorrect facility letter resulting in potential loss.
- Process Clients Fund payments accurately and within the documented time frame in order to meet completions deadlines while liaising with multiple downstream teams wherever appropriate.
- Liaise with other areas of the Bank verbally, in writing or through systems relating to facilities not maintained on Branch accounting. i.e. Poole Payment Centre, PSP Sold, Trade Guarantee Centre, Money Market Dealers etc.
Team Management (25%)
- Tasks completed to agreed quality, standards & deadline
- Evidence of Accreditation in at least 2 critical queues and contribute 3-5% of overall monthly volumes through Input/QC. Overall 75% time spent in management and 25% in production
- Close management of underperformance and sickness
- Proactive & value add regular 1-2-1 s for your team
- Contribute and own continuous improvement ideas which enhance processes and deliver improved customer experience.
- Support delivery of the operational change including ERRP and Digital Transformation agenda, ensuring that the appropriate expertise is provided and that the agreed benefits are delivered.
- Support Automation of Lending Customer Journeys. Inspire team to deliver ideas
- Drive a high standard of customer interactions and operational
What we re looking for:
- An excellent knowledge Investment Banking Operations (UK, US) including Loans, Rollover, Interest Payments, Reconciliation and SWIFT messages
- Good knowledge on LIQ, TLM, Intellimatch
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent relationship skills ability to build relationships with Coverage teams and third parties e.g. Solicitors
- Confidence to make recommendations to Coverage teams, clients and Solicitors using influencing skills as appropriate
- Strong customer focus external and internal as well as strong commercial awareness
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads. Flexibility to adjust to changing/conflicting priorities
- Self-motivated and results focused; Strong decision making skills. Strong planning, co-ordination and organisational skills
- Quality conscious with strong keyboard skills
- Excellent knowledge of Internal lending and security processes and procedures relevant to Barclays Corporate client base
- Commercial Effectiveness: Including Client /Customer Focus and Commerciality
- Control Environment: Including Risk Management
- Business Skills: Including Deliver Solutions and Decision Making
- Management & Leadership: Including People Development
- Personal & Interpersonal Skills: Including Communication & Influence and Collaboration
- Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge & Expertise
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 07:40:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!