Job title: Swaniti Initiative – District Program Manager (4-6 yrs)
Job description: Missions:
– Supporting mining-affected communities with increased employment opportunities
– Strengthening the delivery of quality healthcare to mining-affected communities
– Ensuring that innovative programs are adopted and strengthened
– Overall improvement in social and economic indicators
About the Organisation: Swaniti Initiative is a social enterprise that aims to deliver development solutions by working in partnership with the central, state and district governments. We leverage on-ground presence and the use of data and technology tools to strengthen last-mile delivery of programs to the most vulnerable populations.
About the Position:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen on taking up a leadership role in the development sector. The District Programme Manager (DPM) shall represent Swaniti and will lead a five-member team working in close coordination with District Administration for goals like unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, ensuring healthcare delivery and poverty reduction. The Program manager would have quantifiable targets on how to most effectively deploy and manage programs and resources under the district minerals fund.
The key role of leading the Project Team for the Foundation would be to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment. The DPM will also have to demonstrate the ability to manage the team effectively. With the support of the team, the DPM would be expected to formulate and implement end-to-end strategy, while maintaining a consistent liaisoning with the district administration.
Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in rural development, the management or public administration.
3 years of work experience in the development sector. Preference is given to candidates possessing experience working directly with grant-making foundations and/or district administration.
At least 1 year of experience of working in a leadership position where team size was bigger than 4 members
Stakeholder Relationship Management and Team Building
– DPM will represent Swaniti Initiative at District Level and function in coordination with the State Projects Lead of Swaniti Initiative
– Identify key high impact project that will result in significant (quantifiable) improvements in the life of those affected by the mining sector activities.
– Put in place the appropriate monitoring system to assess how ongoing Foundation projects are improving quality of life.
– Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the district and state level to provide them with appropriate reporting of ongoing programs.
– Respond to any needs of the administration, including providing them with innovative ideas about incoming programs.
– Establish consistent communication networks with all external and internal stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
– Document the findings and the best practices and present at various platforms
– Building a motivated and skilled team at the district level and managing the same through constructive interventions
Institutionalising Systemic Changes
– The DPM will be expected to function as a resource person to the district and come up with recommendations which may support the government in initiating and institutionalising required structural changes.
– Project Planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation
– Conceptualize a wide range of impactful projects and implement the same for the achievement of the goals at the district level.
– Collaborate with different verticals of Swaniti Initiative in formulating, strategizing, implementing and evaluating action research projects
– Develop impact evaluation matrix for the projects to ensure appropriate monitoring of the program.
– Work with the Delhi team to identify innovative programs and project.
– Reporting and Communication
– The DPM will function in close coordination with the State Project Lead, Swaniti Initiative, and District Collector, Ranchi
Skills Required and Personality Traits Preferred:
– Leadership Skill
– Team Management
– Strategic Planning
– Government Liaisioning
– Project Management
– Documentation and;
– Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written
– Proficiency in MS Office suite.
– Google Drive and Survey Forms
– Emailing and Video Conferencing
– Tech Savvy
– Quick Learner
Maternity and Paternity Benefits
Location: Ranchi, Jharkhand
Job date: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 07:40:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!