Job title: Support Engineer (WordPress)
Job description: About Acquia
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
What do we do…
- Work with a broad customer base consisting of non-profits, educational institutions, governmental bodies, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
- Use advanced problem-solving methodology to resolve complex challenges in real time across a number of technical domains.
- Collaborate across our Global Support organisation (5 offices) and other internal teams to provide the best possible outcomes to meet client needs.
- Use our experience to build state of the art support tools and develop/improve processes toward driving ticket deflection
- 3+ years of exp in WordPress, PHP and MySQL.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and supporting complex WordPress sites
- Knowledge of hosting environments, domains and DNS
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, technical support environment
- Have a positive attitude and capable of working independently and as a member of a team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for the web, open source development, and overall client success
- Strong problem-solving abilities, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Good knowledge of WordPress security features, plug-ins and know-how to secure WordPress Enterprise sites.
- Skillset of orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Knowledge of or experience with other CMS technologies and/or open-source technologies
- Designing and implementing microservices
- Large scale task automation
- Cloud hosting experience (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Compute, Azure)
Why Acquia Support?
- A genuinely fun place to work. We’re a tight-knit team with a lot of energy and opportunities abound to work collaboratively with others, both in Support and across Acquia as a whole to improve our offerings and customer experiences.
- We’re not a call centre. Acquia is looking for engineers, not someone to just answer the phone. We provide opportunities to constantly learn and grow your technical skills while solving complex challenges involving cloud technology.
- When we say work/life balance, we mean it. Paid quarterly on-call, and a liberal vacation policy lead to a role where you can have a life, not just a job you can live with.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a globally inclusive working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognises the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia’s values with behaviours.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it’s hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 02:58:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!