Job title: Sr Angular Developer
Company: IHS Markit
Job description: Job Description
Sr Frontend Developer
thinkFolio is a leading provider of portfolio modelling and management tools, compliance and trading functions for asset managers on the buy side. thinkFolio is used globally with the majority of clients are currently in the UK.
IHS Markit is seeking experienced UI developer to join its India development team. thinkFolio is embarking on a multi-year expansion and require a developer to push cloud native development forward with new technologies
As a Software Developer, candidate need to provide high quality technology solutions that address Markit’s thinkFolio business needs by working with a team of application/web developers (in multiple global locations), business analysts and business stakeholders in developing applications. Candidate should have significant experience in web application development using web front-end technologies. The candidate will play a key role in the conceptualizing new ideas, design, development, and testing of front-end business web applications.
The ideal person for this position should have solid hands on development experience on UI implementation, creating mock-ups, creating responsive Web Designs, developing native apps for mobile, understand and develop applications using open source UI frameworks that help in improving usability & UI experience(Angular 6/8 etc.). Knowledge of relational database,SQL, stored procedures /triggers is plus.
Duties & accountabilities
The role is focused on core future product development and re-engineering, as well as continuously improving aspects of the core product architecture. All members of the team are also involved in software support and issue resolution.
The role will require:
- Technical development of complex work items.
- Analysis of business requirements and specifications, designing, coding, testing and debugging of state of the UI components
- Strong Database knowledge: Should be able to write SQL statements, debug application code etc.
- Must have Good communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Should be growth oriented, confident and self-starter
Education and Experience
- Candidates must have a strong IT educational background to degree level or equivalent. Must have professional experience of working as part of a team on product-focused software projects, including experience of complex software design, documentation and implementation.
- 6-8 years of development experience.
- Middleware: Knowledge of .Net / C# is a plus
- Experience on unit testing framework like Protactor,Selenium is a must and on end to end jasmine/cucumber is a plus.
- Experience on creating UI projects from start including building reusable components and including development best practices is a plus.
- Hands on working exposure to MEAN framework and NodeJS is a plus
- Knowledge of creating production ready builds using Grunt/Gulp/Webpack is a plus.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors like LESS/SASS is a plus.
- Understanding of SOA and/or REST is a must.
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and application layers is a plus.
- Experience on mobile web development is a plus.
- Experience with UX / Usability work streams and best practices as well as Responsive Design is a plus.
- Cloud hosting (AWS) and development is a plus
Persistence: Hands-on development on SQL is a plus
- Knowledge of server push and high speed messaging would be useful
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Istio, Envoy, AWS advantageous
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies is an advantage
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- A genuine enjoyment of writing software
- The department employs many talented people who all work together. The candidate must be able to fit into this structure and communicate with both business and technical people. The development team has a particularly close working relationship with the testing and support teams and effective appropriate communication is key to this.
- A team player who is comfortable working at all levels of the business and with external clients
- Proven ability to work individually, and in a team environment which spans multiple geographical regions.
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:03:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!