Job title: Software Designer
Job description: Req ID:71469
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India s Make in India policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/ India
Network & Links:
The Selected candidate will work with a highly motivated team involved in development of complex embedded solutions. The candidate will join with our Bangalore development center and will travel to our platform development center located in Europe on need basis. The Ideal candidate will be part of Product Development team in Bangalore.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a Software Designer, you will deliver software modules by ensuring detailed design and implementation of those modules.
You will interface with Software Architect, Software designers and V&V designers and support program towards QCD commitments.
- Contribute to the elaboration of Sw specification & architecture, in collaboration with the Sw.architect
- Perform development of Sw modules:
- Perform the Sw modules detailed design & coding
- Set up the Sw development tool chain
- Prepare and perform Sw module tests and verifications of his / her deliverables
- ( Designer tests), prior to the ones formally performed by a dedicated V&V team
- (depending on Safety Integrity Level and associated Product development organization)
- Put the Sw workproduct under configuration management according to product
- Configuration Management Plan
- Support the Sw / Sw and Hw / Sw integration, together with the Hw designer
- Sustain of the Sw
- Keep informed of the evolution of technologies through techno watch
- Contribute to TIS standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions
- Keep a strong link with the Sw architect, Hw designer, RAMS and V&V departments, through the whole Sw design cycle
- Apply processes and standards
- Contribute to continuous improvement (RoE: Return on Experience, process, )
Qualifications & Skills:
Bachelor/Post Graduate in Engineering IT, CS, ECE & EEE or Equivalent
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and able to guide, influence and convince others in a matrix organization
- Outstanding Technical leader with proven track record in managing multi software programs towards successful delivery.
- Be Innovative and demonstrate to peers and implement in creation of Reference Libraries, reusable codes, and model based developments.
- Ability to drive through all obstacles, collaboration with global team in different geo
- Flair to Learn technologies specific to Railway domain.
- Team Player with prior experience in working with European customer is not mandatory but preferable.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- 8 ~10 years of experience in design of Software modules in complex embedded systems.
- The ideal candidate should have good experience in the development of Embedded/RTOS applications such as Linux QNX and good application to software process and coding guidelines.
- The ideal applicant will able to thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process spread across different geographical locations.
- Significant experience in delivery of design, analysis, development, testing and delivery.
- Strong knowledge on Embedded concepts such as multi-threading, IPC
- Ability to work on complex and distributed system
- Experience in Low level embedded SW Design is a must
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP & Computer buses
- Strong Ability in problem solving and debugging, ability to narrow down the root cause in complex system
- Exposure on security principals, secure network communications and knowledge on security domain is desirable
- Rail industry background is highly desirable, alternatively similar industries can also be considered.
Programming: C, Scripting languages (Python,.)
Multi core / Multi-Threading – RT OS -Linux, VX Works, QNX
Protocols TCP/IP, CIP, MVB.
Standards: CENELEC SIL4 / DO178A / DO178B
Location for the role Travel If yes, how much (%): Bangalore, Short term fragmented travel to France/Belgium as per program needs.
Contract Type/ Bonus (OPTIONAL): Full- Time
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Developer, Bank, Banking, Embedded, Product Development, Technology, Finance, Research ,
Expected salary: Rs.1200000 per year
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:29:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!