Job title: Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Cubic Transportation
Job description: Business Unit: Cubic Transportation Systems Company Details: Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic. Job Details:
This position will provide technical leadership and systems engineering management for a project team. The incumbent will apply systems engineering principles, processes and skills to systematically convert customer needs into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. This position will be responsible for systems engineering planning, scheduling, and execution of requirements analysis, system design, analyses and trade studies, hardware/software design oversight, requirements verification, system integration, and system level test, and subcontractor technical management/oversight. It will also provide input and support for project risk management activities. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight on a given project
- Estimate, plan, schedule, and execute systems engineering activities
- Elicit, clarify, define and develop and manage system requirements
- Develop and manage the system requirements
- Allocate system requirements to subsystem and oversee development/refinement of lower-level requirements
- Define operational concepts
- Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of system concepts
- Integrate specialty engineering disciplines into a project team
- Direct a project team to define and document the system architecture and design
- Influence hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with requirements and system design
- May act as a Technical Design Authority (TDA) on a project or product
- Perform hardware/software integration planning and oversee activities
- Perform system level test planning and oversee test implementation
- Interface with both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, program management, quality, finance, business development, services, sub-contractors, end users and customers.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to coordinate and integrate system elements and interfaces to enable integrated teams and project cohesion.
- Perform technical risk management activities
- Support project risk management activities
- Support and co-ordinate the work of systems engineers as directed by principal systems engineer lead.
- Lead engineering activities for development of new business proposals, and preparation of associated cost rationale for change/new business of up to large scope, cost and risk.
- Monitor, mentor, and train less experienced systems engineers
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Cubic s Quality Management System
- Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
- Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
- Comply with Cubic Human Resources Procedures
- Other duties as requested
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in system, software or electrical engineering, computer science, information systems or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Post graduate study in Systems Engineering or related area
- Professional Systems Engineering certification such as INCOSE CSEP
- Project Management certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a software driven technology environment
- 5 years of experience working with engineering projects involving complex systems
- 5 years directing teams on system definition
- Formal Systems Engineering/Solution Architecture experience
- Experience at a team level in development or technology integration teams
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycles using both Waterfall and Agile approaches
- Aware of software development best practice and able to apply standards and procedures effectively
- Familiarity with expressing system designs using UML and sysML
- Extensive level of awareness of budget, schedule and quality in relation to project deliverables from a technical planning and execution perspective
- Project co-ordination experience
- Knowledge of data modeling and system design using formal notations
- Knowledge of embedded devices and technology, and engineered IT system solutions
- Ticketing and automated fare collection, or similar applications involving large networks of unattended/passenger-operated devices
- Knowledge of embedded devices and technology, and engineered IT system solutions.
- Experience with Enterprise Architect for systems modelling
- Experience with IBM Rational DOORS for requirements management.
- Familiar with software and systems engineering standards ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, 42010, 29148
- Willingness to learn with an open mind
- Ability to pick up new skills quickly and effectively and grasp complexity
- Possesses a methodical and structured approach to the definition of problems and solutions.
- High-level problem-solving skills and systems thinking, able to explain and work through complex problems with teams, project managers and the Customer.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an ability to work autonomously but also able to work in highly performing integrated Engineering team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence a team members and peers.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build relationships and liaise effectively with project teams, project managers and the Customer.
- Commercially aware and able to protect Cubic s business interests while striving to deliver superior products and services
- Quick to build relationships with customers and colleagues and earn their respect through sound judgement and a positive attitude.
- High level of ethical behaviour
- Ability to occasionally travel both intrastate and overseas
- Able to work well under pressure in a variety of situations and deliver on commitments on time and on schedule
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs. Worker Type: Employee,
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana – Andhra Pradesh
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:37:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!