Job title: Research Assistant
Job description: The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is working towards building a healthier India. It is helping to address the limited institutional and systems capacity in India by strengthening education and training, advancing research and technology and facilitating policy and practice in the area of Public Health. PHFI is headquartered in New Delhi with national presence through its constituent units of regional Indian Institutes of Public Health (IIPHs) and Centers of Applied Research in core public health themes. The Foundation, established in 2006 as a public private initiative, is governed by an independent board comprising of senior government officials, eminent Indian and International academic and leaders, civil society representatives and corporate leaders. For more information, please visit the website www.phfi.org.
The key objective of the project on development of e-Learning modules on climate change and health is to increase opportunities of self-paced training on key climate change and health topics for professional staff in ministries of health and in sub-national public health and health-care organizations. These professionals need highly targeted and relevant material to be made available in an interesting, engaging and easy to access format and their engagement with such material tracked to meet the goals around quality capacity building. Further, it has been established that there is a need for contextualized and usable guidance that meets the needs of diverse users (from policy development, funding, evaluation, implementation and other decision makers).
- Develop instructional design modules based on existing WHO content and interviews with the WHO subject matter expert(s).
- Design and develop a functional prototype of the online learning modules for review and validation.
- Complete development of the self-paced and interactive learning modules.
- Integrate the learning modules into the WHO online learning platforms.
- Assist with course development including reviewing the literature, documents and prepare detailed course plans (objectives, activities, time estimations, and required materials).
- Help with development and revision of functional prototype.
- Contribute to development and conduct formative and summative evaluations.
- Assist with integration of the course into the Open WHO platform.
- Coordinate with research administration, HR, Administration and Finance team as and when required.
- Assist in writing report.
- Detailed Report on Storyboarding and Content for the following 5 e-Learning courses which are as follows :
- Climate Resilient Water Safety Planning.
- Climate Resilient and Environmentally Sustainable Healthcare facilities.
- Integrated Disease Surveillance and Early Warning Systems.
- Health National Adaptation Plan (HNAP) development process.
- Climate Change & Health Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessments
- Functional prototype of the online learning modules for the 5 e-Learning courses.
- Detailed report on formative and summative evaluations conducted and changes to be made on the basis of these evaluations.
- Integration of the 5 eLearning course modules on the OpenWHO.org platform
- Any other project related duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Master in public Health.
- Experience in Public Health.
Annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Interested and eligible candidates may send their CV at [email protected] Please mention the exact Position Code (PHFI-RSAT-144) in the subject line.
Please also send the following information along with your application.
- Current remuneration
- Expected remuneration
- Notice Period
- How did you hear about this opportunity?
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 06 September 2020
- Candidates should have an excellent academic record, good communication skills, a commitment to high quality graduate / post-graduate education.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- Persons employed in Government/Semi-Government Organization or Educational Institutions in India must apply through proper channel.
- PHFI reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all available positions.
- The requirements of minimum qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding any delays, conduct & result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview.
“PHFI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Location: Gurugram, Haryana
Duration of Position: 8 months or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier
Last Date: September 6, 2020
Donate to a Healthier India : Collective effort is required to address the public health challenges we face today. Partner with PHFI and support initiatives to strengthen public health initiatives in India.
If you are looking for something specific and unable to find it; please email
WORKING TOWARDS A HEALTHIER INDIA
PHFI is helping to build institutional and systems capacity in India for strengthening education, training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 22:17:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!