Job title: Project Manager R&D
Job description: Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
This position is for Beckman Coulter team located at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies includes Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Denmark and Sweden. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, measuring 120 K
A Senior Program Manager for Leica CH in the India Development Centre (IDC) has the primary responsibility to manage and control new and/or current business major programs and product line, overseeing the product development process from initial business case development, to transfer into sustaining operations. The Senior Program Manager functions as the Core Team Leader of a cross-functional team with full responsibility for the project from both business and technical perspectives. He/ she is accountable to the Leica CH L2 and Leica L1 leadership team for the success of the project. The role will work with onsite product manager and Bangalore agile team to come up with the requirements
Key Accountabilities & Qualifications
- Accountable to deliver development programs within timeline, budget and quality constraints while meeting scope, quality system requirements / compliance rules
- Accomplish project strategy and team structure including efficient communication channels and drives it to action
- Manage the critical path of the project
- Establish and monitor use of tools for project tracking and management according industry standards for agile software development
- Identify, track and mitigate actively key risks (commercial/ technical)
- Lead the team while promoting team effectiveness, morale, motivation and productivity and provide feedback to the team members
- Actively involve and align stakeholders and manage expectation
- Ensures all team members understand project objectives, and know their roles and responsibilities
- Assure Productive use of company standards
- Ensure full compliance of all executed project activities according Leica and regulatory standards (FDA; ISO 13485)
- Controls project costs and prepares accurate forecast on R&D cost and capital expenses
- Supports development of department-specific processes and tool
- Delegation of appropriate authority to team members
- Resource allocation within the budget constrains in cooperation with the department heads
- Re-allocation of team members in cooperation with the departments heads
- Define and agree project objectives for the team members in cooperation with the department heads
- Identify training and development needs of the project team members
- Authorize project expenditure within project / R&D budget limits
- Create and maintain top level development plan according to planning progress, align development with cross functional dependencies and project risk
- Integrate sub-level software development plans in top level plan and ensure maintenance according agile industry standards.
- Follows up with team members to assure deliverables are completed on time. Offer assistance in clearing away obstacles
- Instil sense of urgency, drive team debate around key issues and risk while keeping big picture and long-term targets in mind
- Facilitating team meetings and workshops uses DBS tools if appropriate to achieve constructive outcomes.
- Delivers on the key metrics of the project (cost, schedule, performance)
- Identifies issues and elevate them to management or specific functions as appropriate
- Regular and accurate communication to project team, stakeholders and senior management.
- Set priorities and assures effective capacity planning
- Define Roles and responsibilities to the team members
- Defines clear requirements and expectations towards the team members
- Min. 6 yrs overall experience in project management in medical industry for instrument or system software development
- A proven track record on execution of at least two new product/ software development projects
- Capable of working effectively independently or in a team environment to meet goals and objectives
- Strong can-do attitude
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to influence effectively across the organization
- Structured and target-oriented approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- Process oriented; knows how to use project management tools efficiently
- Decisive and effective project leader; motivator which is experienced in developing and training teams
- Able to handle and resolve conflicts within the project team
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Must have a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Proficiency with industry-standard software programs and applications as Microsoft Office as well as experience with software standards as Windows and Linux.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail [email protected] to request accommodation.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 06:50:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!