Job title: Principal Software Engineer
Job description: Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: We are seeking a well-experienced Senior Member of Technical staff/Architect to lead transformation of our platforms. The ideal candidate must have strong technology leadership and become a trusted advisor to influence our Technical Teams. You have the technical expertise to lead software and architecture discussions and guide cross-functional product and engineering teams through functional definition, solution, and integration stages on a large scale. Come join our team if you’re an individual who’s a fast, innovative thinker with the ability to quickly recognise opportunities and apply your exceptional technical knowledge and skills to deliver platform solutions that support outstanding customer experiences while driving efficiency, developer productivity & data quality improvements.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, define architecture best practices and work with Engineering and Product counterparts across the organization.
- Lead multiple complex projects and lead architecture strategy and innovation for various subdomains.
- Lead and Mentor engineers, work with managers and operations to ensure that systems meets reliability, accuracy, reusability and performance goals.
- Drive both technology and product innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Innovate to improve efficiencies using state of the art technologies
- Collaborates with Cross functional team leads (OmniChannel, DPX, Payments, Infosec, Identity, Payments etc.) and get architecture agreements, and document them clearly, to effectively deliver solutions and projects.
- Work with remote geographic and cross functional teams to build quality and timely solutions.
- Creates reference implementation for our integrations, articulate developer challenges and propose backward compatible changes.
- Performs competitive analysis of relevant product offerings from other providers
- Is an Engineer with eye for Customer Centricity (internal or external customers), Able to participate in API resources and entity modeling and design.
- Experience in product platform design, architectural leadership.
- Expertise working in Distributed systems, designing large scale, drive and build high performance systems.
- Be a technical subject matter expert and represent the full internal and external capabilities of the platform.
- Deep hands on expertise in Java and related technologies, API design, REST, RPC and micro-service architecture.
- Experience using Big data, Kafka, and various SQL and noSQL databases background.
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organisations.
- Ensure engineering team implements optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best practices.
- Strong communication skills – including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present effectively in both oral and written presentations to peers and leadership.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and evaluative thinking skills.
- At least 12- 14 years of experience building software.
- BE or MS in computer science and engineering.
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 22:03:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!