Job title: Manager
Job description: Line of Service Advisory
Industry/Sector Not Applicable
Management Level Manager
Job Description & Summary A career within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
Strong Understanding of Power Distribution and Utilities -Consulting experience is a must for this role.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Level: Manager (we can look at a good Senior Manager as well)
- Education qualifications: B.E. / B.Tech + MBA (Tier 0 & 1 B-School)
- Location: Gurgaon
- Experience: Minimum required relevant experience of 6 years+ (post MBA) – Manager | 8 years+ for Senior Manager
- Relevant experience: Should have prior experience of working in the following areas –
- Overall power sector with at least 2 years of experience in power distribution
- Performance improvement of power distribution utilities including revenue enhancement, optimisation of costs, capex planning, power purchase planning, project management and running a PMO etc.
- Market assessment and entry strategy for power value chain
- PMO experience
- Essential skills:
- Should have worked in Power Distribution consulting excellent communication skills, problem solving skills and proficiency in the use of basic tools such as MS Office, Excel and Power point.
- The role provides opportunity to work directly with senior executives including C Suite and State/Central Government bureaucrats and other senior officials. Typical projects involve regular travel. Therefore, the candidate should be self-disciplined and self motivated as he/she would be required to display the ability to innovate, create lasting relationships and work independently with little supervision. Should also have the ability of leading workstreams, manage small teams and manage client expectations.
- Profile: As a Consulting professional, the expectation would be to deliver projects or workstreams independently, as well as lead small teams to deliver such work, manage client discussions and expectations, and support in business development activities. The range of clients would include Govts., Public Utilities, Development Agencies, Private players, Regulators, FIs, etc. The focus sector would be the power sector, covering the following domains:
- Leading clients independently and managing client relationships
- Business development activities
- Team and people management
- Leading project delivery in identified areas of project management in power utilities
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified) Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Travel Requirements Up to 80%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
Government Clearance Required? No
Job Posting End Date September 10, 2020
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 00:07:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!