Job title: Line Manager – Manufacturing
Job description: We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact. www.alstom.com
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India s Make in India policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/India
The Manufacturing Manager, 1st hierarchical level.
Network & Links
- Line or workshop ; Industrial Quality, Project managers, Project Quality Manager, HR manufacturing referent, testing staff, planners, manufacturing engineering of the line/workshop, procurement center.
- Peers : other line Managers, Production Director, APSYS leader, EHS department, planning, Finance, Procurement
- Warehouse, general services & maintenance, testing design & validation, sourcing, trade unions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage & reports on Quality Cost, Delay, Security, 5S and basic collective agreement focus of its perimeter.
- Uses the standard manufacturing process & line delivered by manufacturing engineering.
- Respects routines given by methods.
- He s fully responsible of its RCCP (rough cut capacity planning).
- Management, evaluation, integration & development of his/her team.
- Respects continuous improvement process by leading & applying standard instances.
- Anticipation, proactivity & reactivity while issues detected.
- Ensures that man-hours are well plugged (product & Production Overheads).
- Participates to problem solving & make the decisions applied.
- Welcome & integrate new EPU managers.
- Improvement plan in his/her respective line.
- B E / B.Tech Mechanical or Electrical
- Financial & costing knowledge
- Conflict management
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
- Operational effectiveness/Accountability
- Communication with Transparency
- Ability to make decisions/Sense of urgency
- Motivating & inspiring
- Continuously managing & developing people
EHS skills :
- Road map Rupture EHS
Behavioural skills :
- Convincing & Influencing
- Shaping & driving change
- Risk Management
- Team spirit
- Continuous improvement oriented
Location for the role Coimbatore
Travel – If yes, how much (10%)
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Supply, Manager, Finance, Operations, Management ,
Location: Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 07:07:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!