Job title: Individual Consultant-Game Designer and developer
Company: United Nations Development Programme
Job description: The UN’s Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) is responsible for defining the strategic direction for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to the UN Secretariat. It provides oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy.
The Innovations and Solutions team at New Delhi engaged with the development of various types of digital learning content. This program caters to all learners in school or out-of-school across school continuum (Primary to Secondary), Aanganwadi workers and facilitators, teachers, teacher educators, administrators, parents and community members in 17 states of India.
We are looking for a Game Designer in the education domain who is motivated to comprehend, conceptualize and create engaging multi-level games.
The Game Designer will work as a one-person team and shall be responsible from the comprehension to delivery and training of the Game.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Head – Innovations and Solutions, and would be responsible for the following
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the existing offline games/interactions, comprehending it and thereafter creating engaging and interactive designs.
- Using appropriate technologies, develop, test and deliver a multi-device compatible Internet based game;
- Undertake AWS hosting and management from all the aspects to host the developed products/games.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize ideas, with ability to produce quick concept edits and pre-visualization game edits;
- Collaborate with the design team to come up with unique and engaging creative game experience;
- Discuss ideas for images, graphics and animations with team members before applying them in the development;
- Communicate effectively with the programme team;
- Maintain project documentation and course folders during the project lifecycle.;
- Ensures assets/data security and integrity;
- Deliver training on running and maintenance of the delivered products.
- Professionalism: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong analytical, research, reporting and writing abilities. Strong organizational and process management competencies. Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to produce a variety of written media products in a clear, concise, journalistic style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; colicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: University degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in computer science/information systems or related field. Secondary School education in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree.
- Experience: A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of Online games.
Experience in working with Unity, HTML CSS, Adobe Illustrator/XD/Photoshop and AWS hosting and management of the games/applications is required. * Languages: English and Hindi
- Payment will be made on monthly basis for the number of days worked on submission of progress report.
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as response and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical Criteria weight – 70%.
- Financial Criteria weight – 30%.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria for Technical Evaluation:
- Qualification – 10 marks;
- Relevant Work Experience – 60 marks;
Technically qualified consultants will be requested to submit their daily/Monthly fee rate i.e. consultants who score more than 70%
i.e. 49 marks with respect to the above-mentioned evaluation criteria. Consultant should not specify their
consultancy fee on their CV or with the submission. The CV will not be evaluated further in case the
consultant submits the same.
Documents to be submitted by Consultants
1. Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual Contractor Assignment
2. Updated and signed P-11 form for ICs
3. No Financials ( Daily Fee) to be submitted at this stage
1. Any kind of miscellaneous charges i.e. internet, phone, relocation charges etc. would not be reimbursed.
2. Travel, lodging and boarding as per UNDP rules subject to prior approval
3. Individuals working with institutions may also apply, contract would be issued in the name of institution for the
specific services of india.
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 01:25:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!