Job title: Individual Consultant – Cluster Co-Ordinator- Farm Livelihood (20 Posts)
Company: United Nations Development Programme
Job description: The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach with a focus on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income generation but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions, coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc. The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme.
In order to operationalize NRLM Project in Uttarakhand, UNDP is supporting Uttarakhand State Rural Livelihood mission by providing trained human resource and currently is in the process of recruiting cluster coordinators
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
- Responsible for executing specialist function at block level and generic coordination of field-based activities at cluster level.
- Responsible for Livelihood Promotion in Block/Village through forward and backward linkage support.
- Responsible for organizing and facilitating training on Livelihood at Block/Village level.
- Monitoring the grading, sorting and other primary level of value addition works and thus ensuring quality product.
- Collection of information related to Livelihood: Identification of Beneficiaries, Mapping product Volume and Market Linkage.
- Responsible for supervising role of Community Cadre; providing handholding support and capacity building of cadres.
- Responsible for maintaining data sets: ensure that this data is updated and submitted at regular intervals.
- Coordinate amongst project staff for effective implementation.
- Any other task given by supervisor and CEO, USRLM
The position is located in one of the blocks of the Uttarakhand allocated by the CEO, USRLM and the incumbent will be required to travel extensively in and outside the block
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools and techniques.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes.
- Good communication and drafting skills
Management and Leadership
· Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilization tools
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
· Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affected community
· Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
· Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
- Management & Leadership skills
- Mentoring & Mobilization skills
- Communication, Training, & Language skills
Required Skills and Experience
· PG Degree/diploma in Business Management, Rural Development, Rural Management, Social work, Agriculture and allied/Veterinary Science from a recognized University/Institute
· Minimum One year of experience preferably of working with Institution Building and Livelihood sector.
· Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking and writing
· Proficiency in computer skills
Duration of the Work:
· The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
· 10 -15 days travel per month within the state, districts, block and village would be required
Schedule of Payments:
Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs. 277,776/- (@Rs. 23,148 Per month) Payable in equal monthly installment, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
· Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
· The consultant would report to District Mission Manager, USRLM
· All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per their prevailing rules;
· Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
· Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email, telephone and address) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Evaluation and ranking will be done based on the following criteria:
Step 1: Short listing would be done based on the following criteria:
Educational Qualification – 30 Marks;mb
Relevant Experience – 40 Marks;
Step 2: Personal Interviews (Face to Face/ Skype)
Suitability for the assignment – 30 Marks;
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The interviews will be conducted based on the competencies (skills) required as per the ToR. Final selection will be done on the basis of merit/marks secured in interview process.
Note – Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has provision of uploading only one document.
General Conditions for Individual Contract-
For any clarifications, please write to: [email protected]
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selection is on merit.
Job date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 23:12:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!