Job title: Hiring DevOps Reliability SRE Lead (Unix) For A Leading Invstment Bank
Company: Skill Ventory
Job description: We would like to talk to you if you :-
- Are interested in distributed systems and working with highscale services.
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren’t afraid to change things to make them better.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solve hard problems.
- Believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer.
- Have Grit, drive and a deep feeling of ownership.
Your Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To :-
- You will use your expertise to tune and push our systems beyond their normal limit.
- You will work closely with engineering/development teams to design, build, and maintain systems and help them decide on products to use, schema design and query tuning.
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
- You will mentor other SREs on standard methodology for everything from monitoring to troubleshooting complex code and database issues.
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- You will need to spend 50% of your time on and around production support.
- Represent the SRE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and periodic conference calls with other specialists from other time zones.
Who you are :-
Successful candidates have often had some or all of the following:
- Background in Computer Science equivalent to a B.Sc. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Deep understanding of Unix and Linux operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug same.
- Any experience on automation/configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, Ansible is an advantage.
- Experience in software development: automation-related experience valued in particular. Scripting languages such as bash, python, ruby
- Experience with source code and binary repositories, build tools, and CI/CD (Git, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker) etc and data streaming technologies like Spark, Kafka etc.
- Hands on experience on enterprise tools such as Grafana, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and BMC etc.
- Awareness of, and ability to reason about modern software & systems architectures, including load-balancing, queueing, caching, distributed systems failure modes generally, micro services, and so on.
- Deep understanding of operating system level concepts such as processes, memory allocation, and the network stack; understanding of how applications are affected by the above, and ability to debug same
- Generally speaking, practical experience running large scale online system is always an advantage
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 07:44:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!