Job title: Frontend Lead, CLX
Job description: You’ll join as a lead frontend developer in our kick-ass CLX (Core Live Experience) engineering team. As a lead engineer at Unacademy, you’ll help learners build mastery regardless of where they are, and regardless of whether they are accessing Unacademy on the browser, on Android, or on iOS. You’ll help build cutting-edge infrastructure to enable students of all backgrounds to succeed on high-stakes assessments like the UPSC and IIT. Ultimately, you’ll be part of helping millions of learners to unlock their full potential. We are looking for smart, dynamic individuals with outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative software.
You’ll lead the team in:
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- A very good understanding of CSS3 and animations techniques for a React App.
- Knowledge of newer specifications in ECMAScript (ES6, ES7)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React.
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs & code versioning tool GIT.
Our mantra of “Learning as a way of life” is not limited to our student users, but extends to our team as well. We drive this with a special allowance for books & an internal library of courses, created by and for Unacademians themselves.
We celebrate our teams’ hard work with company wide offsites, twice a year, to rejuvenate & recharge. We take care of our people with wellness programs (In-house mental health counsellor, meditation & fitness sessions), fully stocked pantry, game zone, and a top-notch medical plan that covers employees + dependents.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. If that sounds like you, come join us on this journey as we democratise education for all.
Job date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 22:37:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!