Job title: Essbase Analyst
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
· Production support for the Essbase and UNIX environments (such as Daily Exports, Building Rules files, Calculation Scripts, security, scheduled job maintenance, general close/trouble shooting and performing quality control steps to ensure the accuracy of data).
· Partner across finance to develop and optimize data mining and analytics for financial trends and initiatives
· Aggregate and mine new and existing data sources to make them available for reporting and analytics
· Develop clear and concise reports that identify strategic information and provide recommendations for performance improvement
· Lead MIS initiatives/ impacts and results discussions
· Work within the existing data infrastructure to enhance the data available in our repository and optimize ongoing processes
· Partner with finance and MIS teams to ensure the consistency and accuracy of data and reporting
· Partner with the business to provide analytical and reporting support throughout the month
· Support in month end close cycle and quarterly close process
· Support testing and UAT activities for various application. Defect finding and reporting
· Flexible across time zones and adapt to business needs and requirements
Must be detail oriented, creative, innovative, and enjoy a fast paced challenging environment. Must enjoy working as a member of a team and possess the ability to work independently.
Experience in relational database platforms such as SQL, Programming Skills like Shell Scripts, Perl, Python is a required plus. Aptitude to learn new technologies is a must.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems etc.,) plus 3 year of experience or 5 years of relevant work experience will be required.
The following will be heavily relied upon but may vary depending upon experience:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant Essbase work experience
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in UNIX Environment
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Automation Tools like Control-M
- 2+ years of project management (SDLC) experience is required.
- Strong financial/business analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Proven background with systems support and direct contact with users to resolve issues with financial business applications.
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 01:37:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!