Job title: EPU Manager – Fitting Smart Line
Job description: We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world.
Elementary Production Unit (EPU) Manager
Purpose of the job
Manage autonomous teams of operators in order to ensure production (Safety, respect of commitments in terms of
Quality, Cost, Delivery, People).
Position within the organisation
The Production Unit Manager, 1st hierarchical level, supervises production autonomous teams (total headcount :
15 to 25 people).
Hierarchical links within the organisation
Reports to the Line/Workshop manager (directly to the Production manager depending on the size of the site)
Networks and links
With support functions (Methods, Maintenance, Quality, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Engineering…).
With Union Representatives.
- Ensure safety, respect of work equipment and environment : enforce company safety rules, improve EHS,
- Manage production teams (monitor daily activities),
- Deliver production in line with quality, cost and delivery targets,
- Define and drive the implementation of improvement plans on operational (Q, C, D) and managerial
(absenteeism, safety) results,
- Further implement the production system (APSYS),
- Develop autonomous production teams (develop team efficiency, multiskills),
- Represent Site management towards employees.
- Degree : B.E / B.Tech in Mechanical / Electrical.
- Knowledge of production system (lean manufacturing), and basics in Supply Chain
- Personality : Leadership, autonomy, proactiveness, resistance to stress, organisation, management skills,
Environment, Health and Safety
- Enforce safety rules and maintain production means in good working order. Take all
appropriate measures in case of risk,
- Ensure safety training is provided to newcomers,
- Improve Safety in the scope : communicate, perform GPI, evaluate risks, react to each
incident by implementing improvement actions…etc),
- Analyse accidents, make sure that related action plans are implemented.
Ensure production according to quality required by the customer :
- Ensure that procedures are respected and self inspection performed,
- Ensure rework, « réserves » and nonconformances
(internal and external) are treated,
- Organise problem solving : participate, escalate information if necessary, call for assistance
from support functions, track eradication,
- Organise the update of specific technical work permits (gluing, vacuuming, welding,
brazing…) and self inspection habilitations.
- Drive autonomous teams’ work in order to comply with production planning (anticipate
- Define and implement corrective actions when late versus planning.
In line with concerned work packages, stick to and manage the monthly cost base :
- Optimise the allocation of available resources, track individual time sheets,
- Manage budget through indicators (direct manpower, overheads)
Participate with Manufacturing Engineering to the continuous improvement of processes.
- Manage autonomous teams around QCDP objectives : by using visual management,
participates to daily meetings of the autonomous teams, communicate objectives and
information needed for their achievement, bring teams problems up and organise their
solving (request assistance from support functions when necessary),
- Drive the continuous improvement of results : communicate objectives, involve teams,
implement actions, pull and implement improvement ideas, initiate improvement workshops
(SWIP) and problem solving groups (PDCA methodology), track improvement (visual
management), communicate results,
- Develop individual performance : track individual performance (evaluate, discuss with each
team member at least during the annual performance review), propose salary reviews,
- Develop individual and collective competences: define and implement multiskills.
- Develop team autonomy : make operators able to manage their daily performance on their own and
to deal with 1st level problems. Implement the adequate training plan.
- Site management representative and first contact with Union Representatives
At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at:
Location: Sricity, Andhra Pradesh
Job date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 07:14:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!