Job title: Engineer – Verification and Validation
Job description: Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand the application under test.
- Understand and analyse requirement specification documents. Building scenarios and use cases for existing or new functionality. Generate/review/update test suite accordingly.
- Locate to the best extent the inconsistencies, defects, performance issues etc. with help of test cases, applying mind and common sense very well.
- Apply different types of testing and various techniques in order to locate as many issues as possible to make the application under test error free.
- Use of the tools rolled out to help the testing team (e.g. QC, gerrit) in order to create tasks, defects, get latest installers, activity and time trackers etc.
- Identify new targets for automation
- Education: Science or Engineering Graduate in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Total relevant years of experience should be 1 to 3 years in Manual Testing of Software Applications.
- Should have basic knowledge of what does it mean by Quality Assurance/control and Awareness of workflow followed in software testing etc. An attitude towards testing as a career is necessary. Knowledge of various types of testing will be required and useful. Any certification like ISTQB, is not mandatory but is a plus.
Working knowledge of operating computer that is using windows OS and or linux OS.
Ability to properly plan time, work management is required
- Excellent English oral and written skills in email, documentation, phone calls, video conferencing.
- Strong documentation practices.
- Programming Language Savvy
- Proficiency in English with Good Communication Skills
- Costumer Focus
- Team Player
- Plans and Aligns
- Manages Complexity
- Drive for Results
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values-integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation-inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 22:29:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!