Job title: Deputy Manager
Job description: Posting Country: India
Date Posted: 07-Aug-2020
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
“Technical Specialist – Solaris Operations – Provides Technical s upport for diagnosing, fixing Solaris Hardware OS issues/problems, SVM & Vx VM issues. – Responsible for managing Server related Incidents/Service Requests and Change Requests within the defined SLA. – High level of proficiency in Sol aris OS administration and Troubleshooting, – Provide recommendations to improv e and address/lead critical issues and root cause analysis. – Actively contributes to the troubleshooting, performance tuning of Solaris servers. Perform nece ssary Solaris infrastructure maintenance activities, as required. Required to work as on-call support to provide 24×7 support.
Good knowledge on Solaris OS and best practices to maintain Solar is env. Good knowledge on Solaris administration tasks. Good knowledge on VCS & amp; VxVm. Good knowledge of hardware. Good knowledge of Infrastructure components like backup, storage, network & security. Good troubleshooting skills. Good Business communication skills – Written / verbal & presentation skills. Good knowledge of shell/ perl scripting. Knowledge of Solaris 8,9,10 &a mp;11, VCS& Sun cluster.
The Infrastructure Operations Specialist focuses upon administration of central and/or local data centres, legacy and/or centralized infrastructure, standards and requirements and provides support for the availability of Vodafone IT applications and Data Centre activities and database environments. The Infrastructure Operations Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in internal network infrastructure, data availability and technical support for customers (internal and external) gained through extensive practical experience and works with colleagues to monitor hardware and software in datacentres, and execute event/incident, configuration, escalation, release, deployment and 3rd party database management activities. Typically reports to the Infrastructure Operations Manager. The Infrastructure Operations Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in internal network infrastructure, data availability and technical support for customers (internal and external) gained through extensive practical experience and works with the colleagues to deliver monitoring of HWandSW in datacentres, and executing event/incident, configuration, escalation, release, deployment and 3rd party database management activities. Typically reports to the Infrastructure Operations Manager.
- Completes administrative activities through the identification of business requirements and IT database needs including coordination of security, maintenance and utilisation ;
- Supports the team with activities related to optimisation, performing regular system reviews and pro-active performance and resilience improvements to provide best customer experience;
- Provides direction on improvement for Vodafone Infrastructure Management practices and procedures to support the achievement of the Technology strategy;
- Monitors, reviews and resolves incidents/problems;
- Maintains solid relations with internal and external partners;
- Has a good understanding about IT/Network infrastructure across firewalls, file transfer protocols, proxy servers, data centres, cloud, virtualisation, storage and backup areas;
- Uses best practice knowledge to keep the consistency in infrastructure compliancy to Vodafone Group standards;
- Understands the theories and practices across the service performance spectrum, managing refresh and/or decommissioning programmes that improve service availability effectiveness;
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas;
Maintain and Repair
Monitor and Diagnose
Implementation and Integration
Automation and Robotics
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:20:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!