Job title: Data Security Operations Engineer
Job description: Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary: Our mission is to protect high value data across the diverse and complex data environments at PayPal. You should be someone who is excited by the explosion of advancements occurring in both the security and data space and the potential of products, software and processes to create possibilities in that space. As a key member of the team, creative thinking, a solid work ethic, and a passion for developing and delivering great solutions are a must.
· 3-5 years of experience with the below
o Data Platforms as DBA and/or Data Architect in large and complex environments
o Security roles, designing, developing and implementing solutions across large and complex environments
o Proven experience and knowledge in complex and diverse technology infrastructure
· Ability to envision requirements, articulate needs, drive teams to deliver and measure efficacy of tools, people and processes
· Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification), incident investigation and management
· Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
· Having a passion for quality in designing and executing clean, solid, readable systems that scales and performs well
· Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
· Experience and good understanding of Data Lifecycle and also the tools and capabilities necessary for Data Protection
· Strong real-world experience with one or more of the following technologies at scale:
o NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Aerospike, CockroachDB)
Day to Day:
PayPal is looking for a strong Data Operations Engineer to add to their team. This position enables the discovery, protection, and measurement of security of high value data, develops and delivers capabilities as needed, maintains and operates current commercial and customized tools in the data security space. They will conduct the below:
- Support the data security program strategy in Discovery, Auditing, and other key Data Security priorities.
- Development/Implementation of new capabilities including identifying requirements and objectives for new capabilities, POC to implementation delivery required.
- Work with delivery teams to articulate needs and requirements to close operational gaps and requirements
- Ensure high priority issues are addressed commensurate with issues
- Operability of tools and capabilities – availability, performance, security
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 22:05:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!