Job title: Content Writing Internship in Delhi at MANUSHI Centre For Law Justice & Civilizational Studies
Job description: About MANUSHI Centre For Law Justice & Civilizational Studies
The center offers an Indic paradigm for the study of our society, culture, law, governance & civilizational history. It prioritizes research that helps us better understand the life-situations of the people of our country, especially of women and vulnerable communities, investigates important social and political issues in a non-partisan manner, promotes a greater understanding of and respect for our diverse cultures and faith traditions, and counters the distortion of our past heritage. It explores ways to make our familial, cultural, and social institutions to respond creatively to the changing requirements of our people.
Our center promotes informed activism among concerned citizens instead of interventions based on mere emotive responses, provides policy inputs to the government as and when required, and all while working for improving laws and government policies so that they become instruments of empowering citizens instead of tyrannizing them.
About the internship
Selected intern’s day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Edit book-length manuscripts as well as shorter pieces
2. Write reports on specified topics
3. Undertake research to enhance the content as and when needed
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for full time (in-office) internship
2. can start the internship between 5th Oct’20 and 9th Nov’20
3. are available for duration of 6 months
4. have relevant skills and interests
- Women wanting to start/restart their career can also apply.
1. Minimum qualification: MA in history, political science, or sociology from a reputed university
2. Candidate with a degree in print journalism or some experience of writing/editing will be preferred
3. Candidate must have good knowledge of current affairs & the ability to weigh each issue on merit instead of pre-judging issues through the prism of ideology (be it feminism, marxism, postmodernism, or even Gandhism)
4. Candidate must have good knowledge and the ability to write grammatically correct of Hindi & English (essential)
5. Only those who feel culturally rooted in India and know the difference between responsible criticism and mindless India bashing need apply
6. Candidate must work with concentration & deliver the assigned work in a reasonable time frame
Certificate Letter of recommendation Informal dress code 5 days a week Free snacks & beverages
Candidates from South Delhi would be given preference.
If the work is found satisfactory, within three months the intern would be offered a regular job with an appropriate salary.
Number of openings
Save yourself from fraud!
If an employer asks you to pay any security deposit, registration fee, laptop fee, etc., do not pay and immediately. Remember, Internshala doesn’t charge a fee from the students to apply to a job or an internship & we don’t allow other companies to do so either.
Expected salary: Rs.15000 per month
Job date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 06:07:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!