Job title: Consulting Project Manager
Job description: *An entry-level management position responsible for providing quality work products on customer engagements while managing a small team of consultants. Has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family.
Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May lead the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Ensure that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Responsible for operational metrics and overall business results for area of responsibility. Provides coaching, guidance and feedback to develop skills of team members. Typically manages individual contributors. Demonstrates multiple business process expertise within one product family or technology solutions architect and design expertise for one technology product and understand cross stack impacts.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience and 1 year of engagement/team leadership experience. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed., *
Oracle CEGBU – Consulting Project Manager
Oracle s Construction and Engineering Global Business Unit (CEGBU) focuses on project-intensive industries such as engineering and construction, aerospace and defense, utilities, oil and gas, chemicals, industrial manufacturing, automotive, financial services, communications, travel and transportation, healthcare; state, local and federal government.
The CEGBU has numerous products that support Enterprise Project Portfolio Management software such as Unifier, P6, Aconex, OPPM and Oracle Primavera Cloud (formerly Prime) that encompasses resource allocation, cost reduction, supply-chain efficiency, and decision-making using real-time data, for the enterprise market.
A fully competent project management professional who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This first-level project management position provides consistent creative and high quality solution leadership ensuring project quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer s satisfaction. The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of Oracle CEGBU Professional Services implementations of the Oracle Primavera application. Under the guidance of the OUM/TCM delivery methodology, the resource will drive the delivery of Oracle CEGBU Professional Services engagements according to the agreed upon scope, time and budget all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking and communicating the progress of projects, and in ensuring the quality delivery of Oracle CEGBU Professional Services. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and work with a number of resources within a matrix environment.
From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation and signoffs of key deliverables such as project kickoff presentations, project plans, regular status reports, risk and issue logs, and working with the appropriate teams on change orders when required. S/he will also facilitate planning/workshop sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations with regard to project scope, the Oracle CEGBU delivery model (OUM/TCM), stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication and risk management plans.
- Be passionately customer-focused; relentlessly pursue providing an excellent customer experience every time.
- Establish, maintain and deepen client relationships by providing results and exceeding expectations.
- Deliver concurrent projects using the defined Oracle OUM or TCM delivery methodology.
- Plan, manage and communicate the progress of projects, achieving project milestones and maintaining project momentum.
- Identify and effectively mitigate risks.
- Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks, escalate when appropriate.
- Communicate well with all stakeholders, internal and external, including project sponsors, project managers, and project team members.
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and project resources.
- Effectively manage scope, budget, timeline, resources, quality and customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Communicate effectively with and project-manage remote resources in a matrix environment, including onsite/offshore resources.
- Forecast and deliver against committed hours for your project portfolio.
- Deliver a diverse scope of services where project management requires analysis of numerous factors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and compliance with internal processes and procedures.
- Support the Sales cycle through scoping of PS engagements, Executive-level prospect meetings, and solution reviews
Preferred Qualifications/Skills include:
- Outstanding client-facing skills. History of building extraordinary relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to handle a variety of different projects simultaneously; adapts quickly and easily manages multiple deadlines and multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience successfully delivering presentations and managing meetings via web conferencing.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional escalation management skills.
- Demonstrates thoughtfulness and excellent judgement when selecting methods and techniques for achieving project success.
- Outstanding client-facing skills. History of building extraordinary relationships with clients, colleagues and third-parties. Demonstrated ability to interact well at the C level.
- Independently organizes and performs work required with minimal guidance, direction and follow-up.
- Ability to forecast work accurately, proactively manage workload and assist project teams with doing the same.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Works effectively as part of multiple, varied project teams and demonstrates genuine commitment to team success.
- Takes initiative and ownership. Proactive, results-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines.
- A strong background in project management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in P6.
- Strong client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Cloud and on premise implementation experience with Oracle Primavera applications, and a good understanding of integration, data consolidation, cloud migration, product upgrades a plus.
- Formal Project Management methodology training, with significant practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) or Oracle project management accreditation are a plus.
- 10-12 years of experience of IT project management.
- Travel Ready
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 10+ years Experience in a Project Management
- Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients.
- Enterprise Software implementation experience working for a software company.
- Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Excellent communication & coaching skills.
Expected salary: Rs.300000 per year
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 07:27:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!