Job title: Consultant (Farmer Producers Groups)
Company: United Nations Development Programme
Job description: Summary of Key Functions: As Consultant (FPOs), the person will be responsible for supporting the department in strengthening the governance system of FPOs in Odisha.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant (FPOs), will be based at Bhubaneswar and shall work out under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Secretary, Agriculture & Farmers Empowerment Department, and the Director of Horticulture, Government of Odisha. The Consultant (FPOs) will be responsible for:-
- To develop an FPO data repository for the department for analysis and policy inputs in developing FPOs across districts of Odisha,
- Provide technical platform on collectivization process, access of market, access to finance, institutions building, registration and compliances processes for FPO.
- Provide technical web-based support for effective operationalization of FPOs policy, 2018 and to act as bridging platform with NABARD, SFAC, NCDC at state level and national level and facilitate partnerships with various entities on more equitable terms with Govt of Odisha.
- Conduct desk research to identify and collage existing content on availability of selected commodities, fluctuation in prices, market demand of already selected commodities in selected geography.
- Conduct supply chain assessment with FPO in the blocks and districts of Odisha.
- Preparing web-based Marketing strategy for FPOs in Odisha.
- Coordinate with civil society organizations, OLM, Mission shakti etc regarding information sharing on FPO formation.
- Ensure final submission document is of high quality and compliant with the requirements and quality standards of UNDP and the donor regulations and instructions in the solicitation.
- Any other requirement in regards of FPO Promotions & Stabilization requiring web intervention to be assigned by Director of Horticulture is to be compiled with.
- Liaise relevant government agencies and all project partners for effective coordination of all project inputs;
- Provide technical backstopping for inputs for training activities supported by the Project;
- Provide timely inputs for the timely submission of all progress reports as may be required by UNDP, the Ministry of Agriculture;
- Foster partnerships with key national and state government departments, and insurance regulator.
- Support the TSU team for successful achievement of the project objectives;
Perform any other tasks consistent with the level of the post and/ or assigned by the Reporting Officer; Director Agriculture/ Head of Office-UNDP-Odisha.
Education : Master s degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Rural Management or closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a lead in dealing with Farmers Based Organization, Rural Livelihoods & Value Chain (Farm & Non-Farm), establishing market linkages, promoting rural entrepreneurs and empowerment.
- Experience of working with Central and/or State Governments/ international agencies/ on similar assignments will be preferred.
- Relevant Experience at the national level working with Governments and private entities in the insurance sector
- Prior experience of technical advisory services in the insurance sector
Deliverables and Schedule of Payment:
Monthly payment up to maximum 22 working days on submission of time sheet and monthly reports of work done.
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as Responsive to the requirement. Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation;
Technical Criteria weight – 70%;
Financial Criteria weight – 30 %
Technical Criteria (70% of total evaluation)
Technical Criteria (70% of total evaluation) * Experience of working on/with Farmer producer organizations – 20%
- Having relevant experience of providing technical support in developing marketing strategy , analysing the costing of the commodity and working suplly chain management of the product 20%
- Experience of working with the Central and/or State Government agencies – 10 %
- Education qualification – 20%
Financial Criteria: (30% of the total evaluation) based on the total all-inclusive lump sum amount for professional fee for tasks specified in this announcement ,
Location: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 07:42:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!