Job title: Build and Release Engineer
Job description: PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, administration, user management of various tools used in the organization (version control, Continuous integration, build nodes, test systems etc.).
- Ensure the build systems and test systems are available and up and running always.
- Tweak python scripts used for automating various workflows as per the changes in the topology/environment.
- Create and maintain system documentation as per the changes.
- Administration and maintenance work on AWS and Azure environments the organization is hosting. Eagerness to learn and adopt to the even changing environment.
Graduate in Engineering or above (any discipline preferred Computer Science or IT), or Graduate or above from Science stream (Physics/Chemistry/Maths)
Should have experience in the range of 3 years to 6 years as a Devops person.
Must have skills:
- Excellent knowledge of Linux Administration
- Installation of OS using LVM
- Good Knowledge of NIS, NFS, yum, rpm, SAMBA etc.
- Have a good understanding of debugging system/hardware issues.
- Excellent knowledge of Devops and SCM practices.
- Excellent understanding of Git with branching, merging of branches and resolve issues for developers while pushing the changes.
- Excellent understanding of Gerrit with all administrative stuff required to manage users and projects.
- Excellent understating of Jenkins both on Windows and Linux OS.
- Creating new Jenkins jobs (normal and pipeline)
- Good knowledge of Plug-in configuration and usage.
- Administration expertise
- Excellent knowledge of JIRA [Administration User level]
- Knowledge of any programming language or scripting knowledge is required to function effectively since the person needs to understand lot of scripts already developed in python and shell. (So good if it is Python scripting and linux shell scripting)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and analytical skills required to quickly identify and fix problems
- Good team collaboration and communication skills required.
- Good to have skills: Perforce, C Confluence, Artifactory, Ansible, chef, puppet, Installshield, Install4j
- Basic understanding of SQL language and servers like MSSQL or MySQL
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values-integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation-inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 22:17:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!