Job title: Associate- Literacy Field
Job description: About the Organization:
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. They work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations, and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions.
Position: Associate, Literacy Field
The Literacy Program Associate (LPA) assists the Literacy Program Officer on the strategic and tactical execution for all work related to implementing Room to Read’s Literacy accelerator program in at the field level. S/he will oversee the implementation, coordination, development and reporting of the Literacy program for a set of Clusters/schools. S/he would serve as the point of contact for the Cluster/school and local government officials and coordinate the work of other RtR staff in his/her jurisdiction. The Literacy Program Operations will report to the Literacy Program Officer. This position will involve frequent travel to field locations as well as regular interaction with education officials, school administrators, teachers and students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Room to Read’s Literacy program design
- Responsible for managing the ongoing implementation of the Literacy program for the set of schools under his/her jurisdiction, ensuring timely, efficient and well-coordinated implementation, adhering to the program and budget guidelines
- Responsible for managing relationships with Clusters/schools, community and government counterparts and respond to issues that may arise in these relationships.
- In regions with libraries in clusters, the LPA will manage the operational and oversight of the Kendra pramukhs/school teachers.
- Assist in selecting the program schools as per program guidelines
- Ensure that all program schools receive the necessary learning materials.
- Ensure that all teacher training and capacity building activities are held as per plan and program guidelines, including the receipt of necessary approvals
- Ensure that program schools are monitored as per guidelines
- Ensure effective utilization of program budget through proper planning and tracking of planned activities..
- Prepare cash advance, settlement, and reimbursement for program activities
- Supervise and ensure all data entry and compilation on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis data. Maintain high level of data quality
- Assist the Literacy Program Officer in preparing programmatic and financial reports
- Track progress of implementation and expenditures through regular review meetings and field visits; flag off deviations and delays at the earliest.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfill the objectives of the organization
- Manage and mentor to Kendra Pramukhs/school teachers.
- Bachelor Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent
- Master Degree in education / social sciences or equivalent preferred
- 3- 5 years of relevant experience in the education sector
- Working knowledge and understanding of project management
- Strong planning, budgetary, supervising, and project implementation skills
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites in remote locations.
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to work effectively with schools and communities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 05:38:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!