Job title: Associate II SQA Engineer
Company: IHS Markit
Job description: Position summary
We are looking for a QA Analyst to join our team, to take the quality of our products to next generation of features for the application as well as existing client releases. The role offers extensive business and technical challenges in a highly dynamic and collaborative work environment. A passion for quality and a sense of pride in your work are an absolute must for the role. The business domain (Corporate Actions and Trade processing) is highly complex, and an interest in the business domain is an absolute necessity for the role. The role offers the right candidate opportunities to take ownership of components within the system.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the development and business analysis teams to develop acceptance test plans for new products and new functionality on existing products.
- Execute test plans and report defects to development team. Verify fixes from development.
- Should be able to estimate the testing efforts for automation, from high level requirement.
- Keep your manager up to date on test planning and execution status, defects and blocking issues.
- Help setup and manage multiple test environments.
- With the rest of the test team, peer review test approach and test cases for a given release.
- Identify test cases suitable for automation and performance testing.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- B Tech./ M Tech / MCA degree in an IT/ Computer Science or related course is a prerequisite (Experience 1 to 4 years)
- Commercial awareness
- Management requirements
- Strong inter-personal skills required. Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Experience in software testing with hands-on on Corporate Action and Trade processing
- Excellent knowledge of tools and techniques for:
- Functional Testing
- Regression Testing
- Exploratory Testing
- Experience in testing web applications and databases will be advantageous
- Formal software test qualification (e.g. CSTE, ISTQB) desirable
- Testing –Experience with Test Management Tools (i.e., IBM Rational Test Manager, IBM RQM, HP Quality Centre, Silk Central Test Manager)
- Experience on defect management tools like JIRA, HP Quality Centre or any other tool
- Experience with design and development of manual test cases/test suite based upon functional and design specifications.
- Knowledge of testing/QA methodologies and processes
- Experience with database schemas and querying tools (i.e., SQL) – advantage
- Experience with UNIX Solaris – advantage
- Experience with testing of financial/banking products -advantage
Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of QA best practices are critical to successful performance in this role
Ability to collaborate in a team environment. Experience in Agile development methodology is preferred.
What You’ll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can’t do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
- Internal Mobility. Grow with us!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:14:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!