Job title: Asset and Wealth Management – Controls Office – Vice President
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.7 trillion and assets under management of $2.0 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of December 31, 2018). The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management Operations
Asset Wealth Management Operations supports both the JPMorgan Wealth Management and Asset Management groups in JP Morgan s Asset Wealth Management line of business. Asset Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other lines of businesses, project managers, technology support and development teams, as well as others globally within JP Morgan Chase. AWM Operations consists of Asset Management Operations, Wealth Management Operations, Portfolio Analysis Group, Chief Data Office (for AWM), Fraud and Business Resiliency (AWM), Change Mobilization, and Risk and Control. Operations & Administration leads our Operations colleagues, who perform the behind-the-scenes processing that keeps AWM running smoothly. Things like closing transactions, making sure information and data is appropriately tracked and ensuring that proper controls are followed prior to execution.
About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management Operations Risk and Control
The AWM Operations Risk and Control team s mission is to enable the proactive identification and timely remediation of risk by providing a framework, infrastructure and support system holistically encompassing the breadth and depth of risk across Asset & Wealth Management Operations. We are responsible for the overall risk and control framework for AWM Operations that incudes governance, regulatory response, risk mitigation, risk transformation and business intelligence. Our Business Control Officers have deep subject matter expertise, are embedded with the broader Operations teams and work hub and spoke with Operations and other pillars of our risk and control team to help carry out the consistency of the framework while driving the continued evolution of a more advanced risk and control approach. We also partner with Operations, Technology and Business leadership to take the best of what we do, within and across LOBs, and drive deliberate cross-pollination, lessons learned, and drive control initiatives all to help drive risk reduction. We serve the broader organization in a collaborative fashion, with a mindset to serve and protect and ensure a design for control oriented approach in all that we do.
This role will support the Asset & Wealth Management Operations Risk and Control mission in maintaining a strong and consistent control environment by providing comprehensive coverage of the control environment that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operation risk. A Control Manager s main focus is control design and testing expertise, risk and control identification and assessment management, control break and resolution management, control governance and reporting and leading our regulatory response efforts.
- Work with Risk Management business colleagues to assist in ensuring the Risks & Controls throughout the department are known and to assist in the identification and/or development of controls to mitigate gaps
- Participate and provide thought leadership in helping the various pillars to drive regulatory response, risk mitigation, risk transformation and risk intelligence efforts.
- Develop and expand knowledge of Risk Management, its policies and procedures, banking and consumer regulations/laws, and Risk & Control practices in order to implement necessary enhancements to control activities and minimize risk
- Review adherence to policies, standards and procedures and also ensuring that they the spirit of original governing entity s obligation, and any changes to the governing entity s expectations over time
- Work with senior leaders / business executives and other risk teams on key decisions and major risk and control initiatives
- Perform walkthroughs and assist critical lines of business with process mapping and risk identification, designing the controls framework and testing the controls
- Provide control related subject matter expertise for relevant projects driven inside and outside of the Control Management organization
- Ensure operational practices are in compliance with relevant risk standards, policies and regulations to maintain an effective control environment
- Ongoing monitoring and assessment of operational risk and control environment
- Conduct independent testing and oversee testing conducted by team members.
- Assist in issue management workflow end-to-end, including root cause analysis
- Compare policies, standards, procedures and controls across products for consistency and closure of any gaps
- Identify and challenge meaningful metrics to inform on the health of the operational risk and control environment
- Provide input to various control committees and forums
- Liaise with upstream and downstream partners to review the control evidences for RCSA and SOX
- Drive and manage projects and initiatives on risk & controls (e.g. awareness programs, risk expos, trainings, etc.)
- Maintain strong engagement across multiple stakeholders and collaborate with local, regional & global stakeholders and stay abreast on risk and control agendas
- Participate and/or execute on risk and control based training initiatives
Qualifications / Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Supply Chain or Business related discipline
5+ years of relevant work experience in Risk & Controls, Internal Controls Design & Review, or Risk Consulting
Some experience and understanding of key banking processes, regulations and associated risks
Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and can drive change through innovation
Able to work effectively under pressure and in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines
Some experience with Risk and Control Self Assessments, certification like processes
Analytic and investigative mindset, dedicated to continuously improving processes
Extremely organized and attentive to detail
Excellent oral, interpersonal, communication skills; team oriented
Understanding of Fiduciary Regulatory requirements related to ERISA, Conflicts of Interest and Part 9; experience a plus
Able to work across groups (Audit, Risk, Compliance and allied business groups)
Experience working in a matrix and across various regions a plus
Proven analytical thinker with ability to identify, analyze and solve problems in a thoughtful manner
Focused attention to detail, analytical & inquisitive with high standards for quality and accuracy
History of working on multiple initiatives simultaneously, expectation setting, and escalation of issues, where appropriate
The ability to think strategically and partner with diverse teams to drive efficiency and process enhancements
Able to drive project and initiatives to completion
Experience performing deep dive reviews to identify process and control gaps
A good understanding of controls and how to apply them to different processes and businesses
Project Management Skills – well-organized, structured approach
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
Tableau/Qlikview skills are also a plus
Process mapping/re-engineering experience a plus ,
Expected salary: Rs.700000 per year
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 07:49:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!