Job title: Analyst – Finance Controls Management – Valuations Control Group
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
As a Finance Control Management Analyst, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the line of business has a sustainable and disciplined end-to-end control environment, identifying and escalating issues with a sense of urgency, and partnering with the business to ensure issues are remediated in a timely manner. The team assists in top-down risk analysis, real-time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis, and remediation.
The team that the individual will join oversees the Valuation Control Group (VCG), a Corporate Finance function that is responsible for the independent verification of Front Office estimates of fair value and the framework for the adjustments that ensure the Firm’s final estimate of fair value comply with accounting and regulatory standards.
The individual will partner extensively with members of VCG in the evaluation of the control environment and execution of the Firm’s control programs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build a critical understanding of valuations processes and controls
- Manage the control program requirements within area of responsibility (including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls testing)
- Discuss control objectives and testing observations with VCG Management, using metrics to support where relevant
- Contribute to wider controls initiatives within VCG and across Finance
- Build rapport with colleagues in Control Management and Valuation Controls Group across locations (including New York, London, Mumbai and Hong Kong)
- 2+ years of post-qualification experience
- Strong accounting and/or valuations background
- Experience in a Global Banking or Professional Services Firm
- A control-oriented mindset
- Proactive self-starter who is able to identify risks and propose solutions
- Exceptional oral and written communication; able to flex communication style to audience
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Should be comfortable working in EMEA shifts
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 01:01:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!