Job title: AI Resident – AI Engineer
Job description: No. of Positions
About Digital Centre of Expertise
Shell’s Digital Centre of Expertise, part of Shell’s Technology business unit offers the opportunity to lead the digital transformation of the energy industry. We are a world leading community of industrial scientists and engineers committed to using cutting edge R&D to take us through the energy transition into a winning position in a low carbon world.
About Shell.ai Residency Programme
Shell.ai is a change programme designed to support the adoption of AI at scale across Shell through a common platform, community and shared best practices. Shell.ai Residency Programme is a global program sponsored by the Shell Digital Centre of Expertise, the programme offers residents the opportunity to develop deep, technical expertise across the spectrum of AI, learning more about the energy industry and working in agile teams to develop new solutions that can optimise current processes, enable workforce and unlock new business models.
The Shell.ai Residency Programme is a 2-year, full-time, immersive programme, which you to gain experience working on a variety of AI projects across Shell globally. The Programme offers Residents the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded innovators, experts and mentors, while deepening technical expertise across the spectrum of AI.
As an AI Resident you will get to be involved in real time projects specifically matched to your interests and abilities and to get an insight into our day-to-day business operations. You’ll receive performance evaluations from your mentor and/or direct supervisor, and you’ll find out what the energy industry is really like, from the inside. The Shell.ai Residency Program offers you an amazing opportunity for learning and discovery. You will enjoy a unique opportunity to:
- Develop deep technical expertise working on the latest AI related projects
- Collaborate with like-minded innovators and AI residents community across the globe, Shell experts and mentors
- Channel your efforts from ideation to execution working to rapidly deploy solutions
- Deploy solutions across a breadth of Shell businesses – from Exploration to Trading, or Retail to New Energies
Where you fit
As AI Engineer, you will be getting the chance to join our new AI Engineering team, within our Data Science Centre of Excellence. Here the focus is on the development, deployment and sustainability of Shell’s cutting-edge marketing and advanced analytics platform capabilities, bringing sustainable competitive advantage and business value to the company.
What’s the role?
The AI Engineer is responsible for initiating, development & delivery of production ready AI Products in collaboration with Data science teams in an agile fashion to the business in order to provide insights & improvement to business processes, or support the creation of innovative business models. AI Engineers use software engineering skills, ML engineering and data engineering skills to create production ready data products which deals with large amounts of data, make this data available for data scientists and productionise Data science products.
R&D FS – Math Comp & Data Science
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We are looking for people who share our passion for taking on these challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and commitment to manage risks. Shell develops and operates some of the largest, most complex energy projects in the world, we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren’t simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What’s more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
An innovative place to work
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We’ve retained our title as a top employer for women in India for past 3 consecutive years since 2016.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible
Through all of this, and combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations – we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What we need from you:
We’re keen to speak to applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD degree in information technology, computer science, data management business administration or another related discipline. Domain experience in Energy (upstream, downstream, trading, utilities, chemicals, renewables) preferred. We will also call on your strong experience with big data platforms, working with large data sets and numerous big data technologies. Beyond that, we would also hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in Big Data Technologies; Data Visualization; understanding in Cloud Development & Solutioning
- Expertise in productionising data science or AI projects in a corporate environment.
- Experience in the delivery of AI solutions within business.
- Hands-on code development (Python, Scala, Java, ABAP, Web Development, C#, .NET, Java Script, SQL)
- Knowledge of Spark; Kubernetes and Docker
- Awareness in data source extraction (ETL) is also strongly preferable (HANA, SQL, Oracle, SharePoint, Hadoop, Spark
- Distributed Computing
- Awareness Kubernetes for Application development
- Awareness in AI such as MV, NLP or Predictive Asset Maintenance or Classical ML
- Skilled with Data and Application Security
- Expertise in Software Development life cycle, Agile and Testing
- Awareness of information and data strategy and governance is desirable
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 24 Aug 2020 05:44:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!