Job title: Accounting Manager-Fin
Job description: Manage the activities of the general accounting functions. Develop, implement, and maintain general accounting systems, policies, and procedures to ensure that proper information is reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Manages a professional staff.
As a member of the finance division, you will manage accounting functions which may include general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and inter-company transactions. Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data. Act as a liaison between company, subsidiaries, government, and internal/external company auditors in providing necessary information and ensuring proper information is maintained for historical purposes. Ensure all deadlines are met. Acts as a liaison with key personnel in the IeBC, Division, and local country levels to ensure business needs are met. Document all local exceptions to global process.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and a thorough understanding of accounting practices and systems. General understanding of web based technology and Oracle applications preferred. Knowledge of Oracle global processes a plus. BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
We are looking for a Manager, Fixed assets to join the Inventory and Fixed Assets Organisation team part of the Global Hardware Controllers (GHC) with the larger GCO (Global Controllers Organisation)
The position will report to the Senior Manager, inventory and Fixed assets
- Responsible for Capitalization to depreciation of assets. To ensure appropriate capitalization, depreciation, correct accounting for Fixed Assets in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and International Statutory requirements as appropriate
- Balance Sheet reconciliations review – The reconciliations of all the Fixed Assets accounts need to be reviewed monthly. Ensuring no reconciling items exist that are older than the acceptable levels.
- Review calls – Has to lead the Monthly and Quarterly review calls with the Lines of business and Local finance
- Has to play the single point of contact for the LOBs( line of business) and others. Has to answer the queries of the LOBs/ Local finance/Tax/ Legal etc or has to facilitate them to get an answer
- Audit support – Support the US GAAP, Statutory Accounts, SOX and Internal Audits related to Global Fixed Assets
- Ability to provide the accounting requirements to systems team during implementation of ERP systems along with UAT(user acceptance test) support
- Prepare process documentation based on requests from Global Process Owner or process team, whenever there is a change.
- Would interact with feeder processes & local finance / Tax teams as required to get information & resolve queries
- Would generate necessary regular and ad-hoc reports for the Regional / Corporate controllers
- Preferably a Qualified Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant with a minimum 7 years of experience .
- Sound accounting background with specific knowledge on Fixed Assets accounting
- Previous experience in a controller’s group/ Fixed assets accounting would be an added advantage.
- Must have handled people management role previously.
- Must have good inter-personal communication skills.
- Interest in conducting trainings would be an added advantage.
- Good communication – should be able to drive conference calls and make presentations to the senior management of Oracle.
- Good MS Office skills (Excel, Word & Power point).
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 22:58:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!